Taking the decision to seek treatment is the first step towards recovery. However, going for treatment in an international location can be stressful. Here, in an attempt to simplify the process, we have listed the main points of the admission process, to enable you to understand what we expect from you as a patient and what you can expect from us.
- After the initial distress and guidance call, one of our counsellors will call you to help understand your personal, medical and mental/substance abuse history in greater detail.
- This call will help our therapists begin to develop a suitable and customized treatment plan that caters to your unique requirements.
- We advise you to disclose any medical conditions at the outset of our discussion. Further, we suggest that you submit all current medical reports in advance of your arrival to allow our staff enough time to prepare for your stay.
- We recommend that you get the RTPCR test done and submit the negative report (not older than 72 hours) in advance of your arrival at the facility for safety reasons.
- When you arrive at Athena, a comprehensive health check up will be conducted at the facility.
What to Pack
There are certain items you should ensure that you bring to Athena with you. These include:
- At least a month’s supply of all prescribed medicines
- Contact details of your physician and key individuals
- Gym clothes
- Regular clothes (1 week’s worth)
- Winter wear, if arriving during winter (2 sets)
- Extra money to purchase items like snacks, additional toiletries, etc
- Walking and running shoes
- Casual flip flops/sandals
- Small bag for day trips
Optional items that the patient can bring include:
Please note that our staff will need to confirm that no objectionable items like drugs, alcohol or weapons are being carried.
- Our staff will greet you at the airport and accompany you on the short 30-minute drive to our facility. We offer chauffeur-driven luxury cars for these transfers.
- If you are arriving by the metro or want a pick up scheduled from somewhere else, then speak with our Admission Consultants. They will make the necessary arrangements.
Upon Reaching Athena
- Once you reach the facility, our attentive Clinical Concierge staff welcomes you and helps you get settled in.
We provide a weekly treatment schedule to our patients. This is a well-rounded and comprehensive approach to recovery which encompasses the entire body and mind to increase chances of long-term health and recovery.
Each program includes the following:
- Regular one-on-one sessions
- Daily group therapy sessions
- Regular psychiatric consultations
- Alternative wellness therapy sessions
- Relapse prevention plan
- Online aftercare coaching
While we promise to take the best possible care of you, you need to help us to do that. You can do this by the following:
- Being honest about your symptoms, feelings and conditions
- Adhering implicitly to the treatment plan curated for you
- Following all house rules and regulations
- Sharing your experience with our staff
Full payment is due when the patient arrives at Athena. Our Admissions Consultant can help you make the payments through debit card, credit card, or online transfer. If there is another preferred mode of payment, feel free to talk with our Admissions Consultant.